Friday, August 26, 2011

Summer Up Date

Dylan had is scout camp and oh goodness had a blast!

They had a parents night where we all got to join them their last night for dinner, entertainment and a ceremony. It was worth the mile walk up hill, it was a very fun night!

We were all so excited to see Dylan and what he had been up to for that week.

The girls ran to him as soon as they saw him, all hugs ;-)

Their Flag Retiring  ceremony was so great and it honestly got me a little teary eyed watching Dylan with such commitment and honor.

  We were so proud of him, he will make a great leader. He LOVES his scouts and the leaders could not tell us enough of how much they love and appreciate him for all that he does and who he is.

Christian waiting for Dylan to come sit by him ;-)

 Kendall's sister Jaclyn and her family came and visited us all from Ohio and we all did lots of stuff together and had a blast! We visited the Dinosaur museum and saw tons of really cool things. 

I think D felt a little too old for this kind of pic, especially since he got to carry the diaper bag lol

I believe this was in the Inertia part of the museum, there were a lot of way cool  stations to test out in there.

At the end of the tour there was a water sand place for the kids to play in. There were little dinosaurs to play with and make them little caves and homes, it was cute :-)

Jaclyn and her kids got right in and played hard, it's never too late to be a kid!


D and Spencer peddling together to get the inertia thing working, only problem was D's legs were WAY shorter than Spencer's hahahaha

Then we were off to the splash pad and gardens at Thanksgiving Point, these two had a lot of fun together. I'm glad they are so close especially with so many years between them.

I had to put this in here, sorry to all of those who don't like spiders. I was sitting out side at my patio table and I looked over and saw this in one of my shrubs. I called for Dylan and he caught it up in a hurry. We tried to identify it but nothing or no one could tell us what kind it was. Still gives me chills looking at it.



and then of course my birthday. Yeah if you ask me, I almost look sad to be holding that big number LOL
Great summer!!!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow Dylan in his scout outfit, he looks like a scout leader, so grown up! Loved the summer memories.

Kendall B said...

It has been a great summer. It tough to know that it is all coming to an end! Oh well, I spent it all in my office anyway! HAHA

Megs said...

Happy Birthday! :)

Katie said...

I LOVE Thanksgiving Point!!! C: C: C: So jealous that you live so completely close to it now! C:

Julie B. said...

Love the summer fun. Sad to see it go. So many memories. 30 is great!!!