Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bound To Happen

Now I am one of those people who always wondered how kids get a hold of scissors and cut the furniture up or cut their hair off. We have child proof locks on everything that we don't want our kids to get into, don't all parents do that too?? Now I know who, what, where, when , why and how!
The girls were running all around the house last night playing tag, I really didn't want them to and had a feeling to have them stop but I ignored that feeling....dumb me. A few minutes later the girls were quiet, Kendall came up stairs to see what they were up to and this is what he walked into.....

The girls made a big red barn out of shoe boxes the other day for preschool, the next lesson was to have them make farm animals to go into the barn. So I put all their construction tools including their child safety scissors in their boxes and set them on the counter.....dumb me.
They both grabbed their own scissors and went to town! Kendall asked them what the heck they were doing and told them that mommy is the only one who cuts their hair because mommy is the only one who knows how! Sadee said all sad, "We were learning."
My girls have seen me cut, color, and bleach a lot of hair and every time I finish with a client they are playing Hair Designer too. I did highlights and a root touch up the other day, that mixed with the obtainable  scissors and there you have it......I should have known.

3 comments:

Kendall B said...

In retrospect, it was really funny, and not as bad as we thought. Those little girls want to be just like their mommy. They say the same thing when they have got into mommy makeup, "I just want to be pretty like mommy." They are my little princesses and I love them, and wouldn't change a thing about them!

Julie B. said...

Growing up sure has alot of ups and downs. They still look just as cute.

Momnerd said...

It's happened to my sister in law more times than I can count. lol My boys have cut up a lot of things, but not their hair yet. By the way, I want you to do my hair as soon as you're set up.