Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Today, I'm Listening.

Today has been a really nice positive day. As I was cleaning my kitchen I started to worry, about anything and everything. If you know me than you know that I am a high stesser with anxiety. Then I was hit with another tender mercy and something that a wonderful man once said echoed through my mind. "The thoughts that you have, when you're not thinking of anything, tells you what kind of person you are." I was doubting, getting angry and sad, feeling overwhelmed and that is NOT the kind of person I want to be, it's not who I REALLY am. So I was brought back down out of the clouds of crap and just stopped. I instantly heard my girls giggling out in the back yard, Christian's little feet running across the floor, and smelt the sweet smell of Ember. The adversary will always play on your weaknesses but that will never compare to that still small voice, as long as you stop to listen to it. Today, I am listening.

5 comments:

Cristy said...

Ugh, I hope I'm not who I am when I'm gripping in my head to myself... :)

Thanks for the inspiration!

Kendall B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kendall B said...

Thanks Babe! Sometimes we really forget to listen to the still small voice. When we listen closely is when we are blessed the most.

Julie B. said...

Great observations!!

Randi said...

Maybe its the time of year with summer leaving but I've been feeling alot of this lately too or a good time to go to the Lord with questions with Conference right around the corner. Anyway, thanks for the post, but also I don't know what your email is. I had it in my old email account but deleted everyones bc I had a virus so what is your email? Mine is randiholmes11@yahoo.com Email me so i can send you an invite. I haven't forgotten about you!