Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dylan The Awesome!

Dylan has accomplished so much this year and just keeps our hearts warm. He turned 12 on the 9th and received the Aaronic Priesthood shortly after. It was such a special day for him and his dad. Kendall set Dylan apart and he became a Deacon in the LDS church and was blessed with the priesthood. Along with his dad were his Grandpa Burt and Uncle Marshall, 1st and 2nd counselors in our Bishopric to set him apart. The blessing was beautiful.
As a mother I can't fully explain what it is like to have your son now holding the priesthood. I have always respected the priesthood and hold it close to my heart, and when your child receives it it magnifies everything that I have ever thought and felt for the priesthood. I am so so blessed to have two priesthood holders in my home, it feels amazing.
We are so proud of  Dylan for being so worthy to receive the priesthood, he is here to do amazing things!

2 comments:

Kendall B said...

I couldn't be more proud to be his Father. Dylan is a great young man (can't really call him a child anymore). He will be a great man. I can't wait to see what he will do!

Anonymous said...

What a great looking Deacon!!!
I can't believe how grown up you are D.
We're so excited for you and cousin Jarom this next month!!! can't wait!!!!
love ya - G.ma