Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Just Wanna Have Some Fun!


There are two things that make me feel like I'm back home having a great time with my family and friends that I miss dearly. That it is pool and bowling. I can't even begin to tell you the endless games of both of these I have played. I grew up in bowling. My step-dad's sister owned a bowling alley back home and we would go there and have endless pizza, Shirley temples and bowling. Of course it helped that my Step-aunt (that sounds weird) owned it and my mom and step-dad use to work there, free everything every time ;-) Then when I got old enough to be on a league I joined. I had the funnest time in the league, on my team was my best friend Lacy Harris and boy did we rock it! I now go bowling every once in a while with my girlfriends or my hubby but now I wanna have some serious bowling fun! I am going to join a league!!! ;-) 

Some days after bowling or on any other day we felt like we went and played pool. We got really good at it ;-) I have so many memories in pool. My grandparents added a pool table to their cabin in the mountains of Montana and every Thanksgiving and 4th of July we would play pool. My family does these reunion Olympics during the 4th of July and one of the sports that we compete in is pool. Now there are a lot of good pool players in my family and everyone is extremely competitive, especially the adult men. Now when a young niece or cousin of theirs AKA ME comes along and schools them, it makes for an eventful day. ;-) But really we always have SO much fun and I sure miss playing pool. So I am going to make a monthly date with my hubby and friends to go and play some pool! 

1 comment:

Kendall B said...

Can't wait for our Dates!